- You cannot add "Proof Research 6.5mm 8 Twist Sendero 24" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
Showing all 22 results
Proof Research 224 8 Twist Sendero 24$729.00 Add to cart
Proof Research 308 8 Twist Sendero 24$729.00 Add to cart
Proof Research 308 8 Twist Sendero 26$729.00 Add to cart
Proof Research 6mm 7.5 Twist Sendero 22$729.00 Add to cart
Proof Research SS Barrel 6.5mm 7.0 Twist Medium Palma Contour 29″ Blank$329.00 Add to cart
Proof Research SS Barrel 7mm 8.0 Twist Medium Palma Contour 29″ Blank$329.00 Add to cart
Proof Research 7mm 9 Twist Sendero 26$729.00 Add to cart
Proof Research 7mm 8.44 Twist Sendero 24$729.00 Add to cart
Proof Research 7mm 8 Twist Sendero Light 26$729.00 Add to cart
Proof Research 6mm 8 Twist Sendero Light 26$729.00 Add to cart
Proof Research 6mm 8 Twist Sendero 26$729.00 Add to cart
Proof Research 6mm 7.5 Twist Sendero Light 26$729.00 Add to cart
Proof Research 6mm 7.5 Twist Sendero Light 24$729.00 Add to cart
Proof Research 6mm 7.5 Twist Sendero 26$729.00 Add to cart
Proof Research 308 8 Twist Sendero 20$729.00 Add to cart
Each Carbon Fiber rifle barrel is seamlessly wrapped around a stainless steel blank tube – while the threaded areas remain steel. These include the muzzle, breech and gas block journals. Carbon fiber barrels are unique in that they are 10 times stronger than ancestor’s traditional steel. In addition to unforgiving strength, they are weather resistant to the elements and impregnable to the dings, dents and scratches that are frequently encountered.
The Proof Research barrel is ideal for your custom hunting rifle because they are not only accurate, but weigh a mere 3 – 3 ½ lbs. Gunware stocks the Sendero and Sendero Light in various barrel lengths and twist rates in-house. With the expert gunsmiths at Gunware, custom building your carbon fiber barrel hunting rifle has never been easier and faster.
Proof Research Barrels FAQs:
Why are carbon fiber barrels beneficial for hunting?
Carbon Fiber barrels are half the weight of your grandfather’s rifle barrel, weather resistant in the harsh elements, resist the nicks, scratches and dings you inherently encounter in the field, and possess superior accuracy. And did we mention they have the longest lifespan available on the market?
What is the difference between Proof Research’s Sendero and Sendero Light?
The difference is the shank diameter. For instance, on a 28” Sendero contour the shank diameter will be 1.200 with the muzzle measuring .900. However, the muzzle of a 26” Sendero Light will be .800.
How do I measure the twist on my rifle?
To determine your twist rate you need a good cleaning rod with a rotating handle, jag and snug fitting patch.
- Place a dry patch on your jag, putting the rod down either end of the barrel. (If you’re approaching from the muzzle, use caution not to damage the crown.)
- Verify the rod is moving freely with the rifling.
- While the rod is in the barrel, mark the entry point of the rod on the rod itself where it entered either the muzzle or action.
- Now put a piece of tape near the rod handle and carefully push the rod into the barrel.
- You will notice that the tape makes a full revolution as the rifling spins the rod.
- When the tape is returns has back to the top, place another mark at the point where the rod entered the muzzle/action.
- Carefully pull out the rod and measure the distance between the two marks.
If the distance between these marks is 8”, then you have a 1:8” twist. If the distance is 10”, you have a 1.10” twist and so on and so forth. Complete this exercise 3-4 times to ensure your measurements are true.